Are you just into getting ice skating and you want to find some ice skates for beginners? But you don’t know what skates are the best ice skates for beginners? we can help you find the perfect skates for you.
Here are a few tips on the best Ice skates for beginners.
Best Ice Skates For Beginner – Quick Comparison
How To Choose The Right Ice Skates For Beginners
Choosing the right type of ice skates will make you safer and more comfortable while experiencing this sport.
Type Of Ice Skates
The type of ice skates will depend on the type of sport you choose.
The main types are:
Recreational skating: is when you go into a rink or on a frozen lake for fun and play.
Hockey: is a contact team sport played on ice, usually in a rink,the sport needs to be fast-paced and physical.
The blade on hockey skates is usually wider than a figure skate’s blade.
Figure Skating: figure skates have a set of large, jagged teeth called toe picks on the front part of the blade
Speed Skating: speed skates cut off at the ankle and are built more like a shoe than a boot to allow for more ankle compression.
These are the lightest and most streamlined ice skates that you can get, but they are not necessary for beginning skaters.
The level of stiffness of the figure skates will support you.
If you are a beginner, a light stiffness maybe good for you to get the comfort needed when starting out.
Foot Length & Width:
When you decide to buy some ice skates, you need to make sure that you are getting the right size of skates for your feet.
Refer to skates ratings before you buy them to help you get a suitable ice skates.
Which ice skates are easier?
Hockey skate blades have more curve—or rocker—at both ends, making the skates more maneuverable and easier to turn.
Are figure skates better for beginners?
What should I know before buying ice skates?
Top 10 Best Ice Skates For Beginners (2020)
1. Jackson Ultima Excel Women’s/Girls Figure Skate
- These figure skates possess vinyl upper and a felt backed vinyl/mesh comfort tongue, providing solid support and stability.
- The boot features Jackson’s Ultima Mark II blade with high-polish finish attached with screws; polished finish not only looks better but also offers better glide on the ice ring.
- The Excel Series ice skates incorporate stylish brown no maintenance PVC outsoles.
- Thoroughly foam reinforced with fully synthetic liner, providing excellent comfort and warmth while skating.
- These are designed in cooperation with skaters, coaches and skate technicians to ensure great performance on the skating rink.
2. Riedell Skates – 110 Opal
- This figure skate set offers light support to keep you stable on the ice while allowing for freedom of movement.
- These boots have a split tongue design to provide support and add comfort.
- These modern figure skates have a comfortable design and a simple lacing system.
- These soft figure skates have a foam quarter padding to provide extra comfort for carefree skating.
- Check Sizing Chart for best fit.
- Beginner/recreational ice skates use high-quality vinyl and materials to ensure long-lasting use.
- Built with added reinforcement, these boots and blades will keep you skating all-day.
- These beginner ice skates have safety in mind by featuring quilted linings for cushion.
- Designed with a maintenance-free PVC sole, these boots keep your feet comfortable for hours of use.
- These ice shoes come with stainless steel Spiral blades that give you a smooth glide on the ice.
- By offering great handling and speed, the 110 Opal offers quality performance whether on a rink or on a pond.
3. Soundtrack Ultima Mystique Series
- Leather upper polyurethane coated and Stylized PVC outsole for easy care.
- Flex notch for added flexibility and Synthetic lining comfortable and durable
- Flex notch for added flexibility
- Full quarter and extra ankle padding
- Foam backed vinyl/mesh comfort tongue
- Stylized PVC outsole for easy care
- Ultima Mark II blade attached with screws
- Recommended skill level is a guideline only.
4. Lake Placid Summit Boys Adjustable Ice Skate
- Push button size adjustable
- Warm, Woven lining and Deluxe comfort Padding
- Stainless steel blade
- Water proof sole
- Locking Buckle and Power Strap
5. Botas – Models: Stella, Regina, Robin/Figure Ice Skates
- The high-quality synthetic figure skates leather and a plush collar in the stella ice skates are made to be figure skates for girls and ice skates for women.
- The laminated fabric lining with a PU coating provides enough comfort to be figure skates kids will like.
- The tongue slip’s quality make and soft quality lining are perfect for kids ice skates.
- The hard plastic sole makes the design perfect to be used as figure skates for girls and women.
- The BOTAS NICOLE Ni blades have a TUV GS European certificate, which shows these are figure skates child safety standards approve.
6. Jackson Ultima Softec Classic ST2300 ST2321
- Softec Series have high quality figure skating blade
- Ice Skates in Black or Navy Colors for Men and Women; Ice Skates in Pink Color for Women
7. BAUER SUPREME 3S ICE HOCKEY SKATES – SENIOR
See Latest Price
- The Supreme 3S Skate is offered in Bauer’s new Performance Fit System and it’s designed for the skilled player who wants added comfort.
- It features a 3D Lasted Flex Composite Boot that’s lightweight and easier to flex.
- Combined with a Pro TPU outsole, it offers additional stiffness in the lower portion of the skate, delivering more straight line speed.
- The boot also has a power cut which offers increased wrap for optimal foot stability and a more powerful stride.
- A Pro 48 ounce Felt Tongue with injected metatarsal guard compresses and releases energy, offering forward flex and comfort.
- The skate features a high grade LS+ stainless steel blade equipped with increased height which helps the player maintain speed and a more aggressive stride.
- With a Flex Rating of 70, it also offers a great level of support and stability for the player.
- Also, in the Junior sizing, Bauer has incorporated Motion Flex, a fiber composite boot, which helps a younger player get into the proper “knees over toes” position while still offering outstanding support.
- The blade shape is designed with 4 zones uniquely placed and designed for specific performance improvements during all types of edge work.
- The first zone, located near the toe of the runner, is shaped to maximize acceleration.
- As the player begins their stride, the weight shifts over the top of the toes for the initial drive into the ice, utilizing a 6 foot radius.
- The second zone, known as the transition zone, sits on a 9 foot radius, which helps transition the players stride from rapid acceleration to measured, longer striding.
- The center of gravity shifts slightly back from the Acceleration stride.
- The third zone, is the speed zone.
- Leveraging an 11 foot radius, the player is now maximizing their blade to ice contact for an efficient power transfer and straight line speed.
- The final zone, towards the heel of the blade, is the stability zone.
- This area holds a 13 foot radius, the longest in the blade, to provide balance as players shift between their edges when pivoting and absorbing contact.
8. BAUER VAPOR X2.7 ICE HOCKEY SKATES – SENIOR
See Latest Price
The Bauer Vapor X2.7 hockey skates are a great option for the weekly player who is looking for good comfort and performance at an excellent value.
- Low-profile design for an enhanced fit
- COMFORTFLEX System for an improved feel
- One piece 3D Polycarb quarter for more flexibility
- Memory foam padding for added support
- Microfiber liner for good comfort
- Tuuk Lightspeed EDGE holder for improved striding
- The X2.7 offers a low-profile design, ideal for the players with low-volume foot dimensions.
- This design is enhanced through Bauer’s COMFORTFLEX System, offering an improved overall feel by using some good technologies.
- A key feature in the Vapor X2.7 is the One piece 3D Polycarb quarter package.
- This construction offers a good fit in the ankle and heel to secure your foot without sacrificing comfort, while also providing more flexibility and a lightweight feel.
- Inside the boot, Bauer combines memory foam padding with a Microfiber liner.
- The memory foam is strategically placed in the ankle area to wrap the foot in quality comfort, while the liner provides good support and some added comfort as well throughout the hockey skate.
- At the bottom of the boot is Bauer’s Form Fit footbed for good support and the feel you’re looking for.
- And at the top of the skate, a 40-oz.
- two-piece tongue with an injected metatarsal guard offers even more comfort, protection, and added flexibility which will help enhance your agility on the ice.
- The X2.7 includes the top-of-the-line Tuuk Lightspeed EDGE holder.
- This holder includes a trigger system which makes switching out a damaged or broken blade quick and easy.
- Simply pull the trigger on the holder to unlock the blade, them remove it with your hand (using a towel as a buffer), pliers, or the Bauer-provided tool.
- Insert your new blade until it clicks into place to complete the switch.
- And because the trigger system secures the blade into the holder, your energy transfer from the boot, through the holder, and into the runner will be maximized for enhanced striding.
- Attached to the holder is Bauer’s S stainless steel, offering good blade durability for this price point.
9. 5th Element Stealth Ice Hockey Skates
- PREMIUM QUALITY – 5th Element Stealth Ice Hockey Skates enable you to light up the ice without burning a hole in your wallet.
- With a premium-quality stainless steel blade, ankle padding, and heel support, you are sure to blow away the competition.
- These recreational hockey skates are perfect for beginners or intermediates playing in leagues or outdoors on the pond.
- TRUE-TO-SIZE FIT – These skates fit true to your shoe size.
- With enough wiggle room around the toes but snug in the heel and midfoot, you will experience maximum support.
- Each skates padded footbed cradles your foot, giving you the most out of every run.
- Available in sizes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
- MOISTURE-RESISTANT LINER – 5th Element Hockey Skate boot is all about performance with its moisture-resistant liner.
- Designed with comfort in mind, these skates boost performance in all conditions, allowing quick tight turns on the ice.
- Suitable for beginners to advanced skaters.
- REINFORCED OUTSOLE – The 5th Element Stealth Ice Hockey Skates come with a reinforced outsole that helps you maintain stability in the rink.
- Durable and lightweight, these skates will be a pleasure to skate with.
10. Jackson Ultima Mystique Figure Ice Skates
- Improved laces hooks – the same as in more expensive models of ice skates.
- See the picture at the left.
- Jackson Support Rating: Light Support – Level 15 (for Women’s skates), Level 19 (for Men’s skates) Beginning Skating Lessons.
- Jackson all purpose chrome Ultima Mark II blade attached with screws.
- JS1490 for Women; JS1491 for Girls; JS1494 for Toddler (Girls); JS1592 for Men; JS1593 for Boys; JS1595 for Toddler (Boys)
- Leather upper polyurethane coated and Stylized PVC outsole for easy care, Flex notch for added flexibility and Synthetic lining comfortable and durable.
- Full quarter and extra ankle padding and Foam backed vinyl/mesh comfort tongue.
- Softer topline for added comfort.
What are some tips for first time skating?
Dress for success
You should to wear casual and comfortable clothes that are practical for you to move in and a pair of gloves to keep you warm in the cold and to protect your hands from any falls.
Make sure your skates are the right size.
A full-foot ice skates will make you feel more comfortable and secure.
Don’t be afraid to try a couple of size to make sure they are a good fit!
Follow the rules of the rink
There are always a series of rule at the rink.
You should to follow it to keep safe and avoid accidents.
Skate in the right direction is the most important thing.
Don’t be afraid of falling.
Don’t be afraid of falling, because, Failure doesn’t mean that you’ll never succeed, but simply that you need more training.
Failure is the success’s mother !!!
Lean forward while you skate.
If you leaning back, you can fall back onto the ice so try to learn forward while you skate it will help you keep balance.
Do not look down.
The last thing is do not look down because it could make you bump into anyone on the ice.
When it come to down it, we can know that there are no one universal skates that are the best ice skates for beginners.
The important is you must to choose the right size and the right type for safer.